Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cover Story

Ah, the first blog post. Here I am world! Now that's out of the way, I'd like to tell you a bit more about my blog.  Recently, I was reading Stereogum and saw this super cool article about Death Cab For Cutie,  appropriately entitled "Hear Every Cover by Ben Gibbard & Death Cab For Cutie" .. It had nearly 100 different cover versions ranging from Neil Young, to the Magnetic Fields, to Cyndi Lauper. I was impressed. And inspired.  I've always loved a good cover song, and admired the way artists can reinterpret and re-invent a seemingly familiar sound....for better or worse. 
So, i thought..."let's make a blog!". In this here web space I'll be posting songs, videos, etc, all related to the almighty cover. Hopefully i can figure out how to post audio, video, there's something called a widget? 
Anyway, stayed tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment